QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

GETTING STARTED

Somehow I don't feel as dedicated to losing weight as I have in the past. I look at myself, I look at the scales, and know I must make some changes, many of them permanent and I don't have any enthusiasm for the task. Whether that is the deadening effect of eating badly for months on end or whatever........

It doesn't help when sleep becomes elusive. I went to bed at a reasonable hour .... sometime around 10.30 pm. I woke at 4 am but wasn't able to settle so read until suddenly it was after 6.30am. I did get up and begin to put the plan in process but it was more than an hour later that I went for my walk. At least I did it.

I'm sleepy now, half way to lunch time. I'm having a snack and then going to finish my book. The day is cool so will do some housework. I want something light & protein for my evening meal. Fish would be good but I'm not in the mood unless I can find my tuna & cottage cheese picnic loaf recipe. Found

200gm ricotta cheese, (cottage cheese works ok).
3 eggs
4 shallots or finely chopped onion
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
425 gm can tuna in springwater, drained & flaked

Combine all ingredients and place in a loaf pan lined with baking paper.

Bake uncovered in oven at 180' for about 30 minutes.

Slice into 6 portions & Serve with tomato salsa and salad as desired.

If I remember rightly a little extra spice, maybe cumin or Morroccan or even Italian mix was needed and I want to avoid bread. I think I'll try some mashed potato instead. I can see a little experimenting is called for.

Exchanged cream cheese for the cottage cheese as the local store had no ricotta or cottage cheese. I did use plain mashed potato and cumin & lemon Masterfoods spice. Was nice hot but I suspect better cold, has the texture of meat loaf and fishy taste not too strong.

I have been checking out the activity calculator on www.womenshealth.gov and think it would be fair to say that every hour at work packing groceries at the local supermarket is worth about 360 steps and lifting free weights, (light) is worth 60 steps. I think I should combine the two because some of the weights we lift are far from light, being up to 10 kg/ 22lbs. To that end I am adding 420 steps for every hour I work to my daily step progress. I began using this site in the middle of last year, planning to walk across N. America from San Francisco. I'm still in San Francisco! I have a long way to go!

No comments: