QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DAFFODILS AT THE BEACH & A CATWALK





I've been waiting for enough sun to get blue sky over the sea. This is the best so far. These daffodils are amazing. I was given them by a friend when in the South Island a few years ago and slowly thry have increased in spite of extreme exposure to easterly winds and storms. There is nothing between us and S. America. What's more the water lies around them for days when we get heavy rain because they are growing in red Coromandel clay, not at all sandy.












At least once a day Lexie & Katie expect us to take them outside to explore the big wide world. Note the leads. They are beginning to get quite good although we still have to be very patient with the. We daren't let them play without the leads. Jay nearly had a heart attack a few days ago when Lexie climbed a pohutakawa tree, going up quite high then slipped and fell. Fortunately he had a reasonably soft landing and although subdued for a few hours is back to his delightful, playful self. Sometimes they are just too adventurous.

Don't you love the feet .... the ones in red sandals. I didn't realise I am so pigeon toed when standing casually.

8 comments:

Diana's Body Journey said...

I didn't notice the feet till you pointed it out...I stand like a duck, so there you go!

The beach looks WONDERFUL! I miss large bodies of water so much!

dadivastreet said...

Love the daffodils & Lexie & Katie are adorable! So glad Lexie is O.K. I am trying to get my two kitties to walk on leads. Takes a lot of patience, but we're making a little progress. Have a great week!

Hippygal said...

Love it oh so cute :-)

Sunny Days said...

Hi MargieAnne, thanks for stopping by and leaving me some encouraging words...it made my day!
I love your pictures of the beach and the daffodils.
Every year my husband takes me to the beach for my birthday....since I was 16! O_0 And every year he picks me daffodils growing along the road as we go for a walk. I always feel like God grew them there just for me as a birthday present.
thank you for your prayers....I really need them!
Have a great week!

JC said...

Great pictures. I didn't notice your feet until you pointed them out. HA!!!

kate said...

omg those daffodils are gorgeous margieanne. the pussy cats are looking well! xo

Chris H said...

OOOO the sea views make me sooo homesick for Whitianga! I realise you are not in Whitianga though... more like just over the hill a bit... the Merc's look glorious ...

Chris H said...

I take that back, it looks more like a view from Simpson's Beach! Derrr.... the merc's indeed! I need my eyes tested!