QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

KITTENS A THOUGHTFUL MOMENT AND A MEME

Our beautiful kittens. Katey, (Katerina), on right and Lexie, (Alexander)






Katey is a blue bi-colour Ragdoll. The white triangle face patch and pink pads on paws are just what Mum wanted.





Lexie is learning to cope with his lead. He is a lynx, colour point Ragdoll and is quite fluffy. In fact the breeder said he was the only one in the litter with a mane. He looks quite leonine at times and he's mine. He's full of beans while Katey is very cuddly. Exactly how we wanted them.




Training the babies to feel comfortable with their leads.They live with Mum for now. Much as I'd love to have a cat of my own here at Matarangi, our life is too erratic to have a pet here.







Consider This ...

A few days ago I was on my own in the car and found myself contemplating the importance of encouragement. I suppose I was thinking how hard it is to get back into my weight loss exercise and eating plan after the crash. For some weeks my eating has become worse day by day until I was eating outside meal-times, piling on the butter, eating far too much bread, also cakes and biscuits, (cookies), and finally chocolate. I knew I had not only sabotaged my weight loss but was causing myself health problems. Foolish and yet I seemed to have no power to change. I could feel my clothes getting tighter, my feet were frequently swollen, my joints were painful, I had lost all motivation to be physically active, I was getting lazier by the day, everything becoming an effort, and the beginnings of gut pain threatened.

I know what to do to change things. I know how to eat well and exercise, there is little anyone can tell me about how to do it. But what happens when I crash and have no strength to pick myself up? Where do I find the motivation to start again? Everyone says that if you fall off a horse you must get back on as quickly as you can, but what if the crash has hurt so much you are afraid to get back on? What if your body is so bruised you don't have the strength to get back on? What if you have begun to wonder if all the effort is worth-while. You find someone who has the strength to give you a hand up. That person puts his hands together to make a step, you put your foot in the clasped hand and trust your weight to it and let them help, heaving you back into the saddle.

I needed that brave, strong person and guess where I find not one but many. Thank-you for being there. Thank-you for holding out your hands in the form of honest blogging and not forgetting me.

Tonight I can celebrate. 24 hours without gluten and I drank my last coffee of the day at 2.30 pm. Now to do it all again tomorrow and with the support around here and at SFL I will.

Now for the Meme I took from somebodies Blog.


1) Last movie you saw in the theater? Prince Caspian and I'm trying to make an opportunity to see Mama Mia before it leaves our town.

2) What Book are you reading? Right now I'm not but I've just finished a Lee Childs book.

3) Favorite board game? Don't have many opportunities to play as TWJ hates all board games. My favourite has to be the one my daughter-in-law has with medeival castles, farms and things but I'm blessed if I know what it's called.

4) Favorite magazine? Cuisine. A glossy foody magazine.

5) Favorite smells? Coffee, fresh sweet flowers like daphne, lavender, roses, boronia etc....

6) Favorite sounds? I love the quiet sounds of nature, gentle rain, soft bird song, a breeze in the leaves, a chuckling stream, a gurgling baby and joyful laughter.

7) Worst feeling in the world? walking barefoot on squishy, muddy lawn.

8 ) What is the first thing you think when you get up in the morning? What's he time .... i.e. how much time do I have to play with before I must get my skates on and do 'important things.'

9) Favorite fast food place? Paneras, I agree with Lynn on this although we don't have Paneras in New Zealand. Now there's an opportunity for someone who wants to start a new franchise here.

10) Future child's name? Oh my goodness I don't want any more children and if there are any grand-children I willingly concede naming privileges to their parents.

11) Finish this statement: If I had a lot of money, I would… travel with my favourite missionaries to places like Uganda, Mozambique. I would also travel extensively in USA, particularly I would buy a classic car, (a 1959 Plymouth with the hugest fins), and travel Route 66.

12) Do you drive fast? I love to think I can drive like a racing driver especially through the hills ...... but the truth is I'm cautious and usually careful.

13) Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Only TWJ and he snores.

14) Storms; cool or scary? Exciting, stimulating, scary .... I wouldn't be bothered if there were no storms, I can do without the scariness.

15) What was your first car? I've never owned a car. TWJ had a little Ford Prefect, early 50s model, when we met and married.

16) Favorite drink? Hot has to be Capuccino, cold would be Ginger Beer

17) Finish this sentence: If I had the time I would… say that time is not the issue but my 'get up and do' is.

18 ) Do you eat the stems on broccoli? I prefer the peeled stem to the flower part.

19) If you could dye your hair, what color would it be? My hair is dyed brown with burgundy and blonde highlights and I love it.

20) Name all the different cities where you have lived? Palmerston North, Waipukarau, Marton, Havelock North, Auckland, (Papakura), New Plymouth, Matamata, Hamilton, Mercer, Reporoa, (near Rotorua), Tairua, Whitianga, Matarangi ..... all in the North Island of New Zealand.

21) Favorite sport to watch? I'd rather participate than watch .... I almost hate watching sport. Except I loved watching America's Cup when NZ competing.

22) One nice thing about the person who tagged you for this? It was Lynn from the Hungry Little Caterpillar. I love her writing style.

23) What's under your bed? dust

24) Would you like to be born as yourself again? OK but I don't want to live my life again ... that would be tooo tedious unless I had the wisdom & experience and could change the way I did many things. That would change history and I don't think that's allowed.

25) Morning person or night owl? Depends. I love early mornings but not unless I've had a good night;s sleep. Night's can be a struggle although I often sit up late reading, doing sudoku puzzles, catching up with my internet stuff. I'd stay awake 24 hours a day if I could but I flourish on 7-8 hours sleep.

26) Over Easy or Sunny Side up? Never can remember which is what but I don't really like fried eggs anyway.

27) Favorite place to relax? Bubble bath with book, cappuccino for hours, topping up with hot water as required.

28 ) Favorite pie? Pecan & maple syrup ... please make me one when I come to call.

29) Favorite ice cream flavor? Rum & Raisin although Hokey Pokey comes a close 2nd Hokey Pokey is special to NZ and is vanilla icecream full of little golden chunks of a kind of honeycomb sweet made with golden syrup.

30) Of all the people you have tagged (annoyed) who will respond first? I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to fill this out, feel free, and let me know.

That's it from me tonight. Remind me .... tomorrow is gluten free and no coffee after 3 pm.

Blessings.

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Your fur babies are so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. =)

JC said...

Meme's are a great way to get to know people. This one is too long for me but here is one for you. Google search your name with the word needs and post the first 10 results. It is silly but fun.

Congrats for making thru gluten free and limiting the coffee.

Grace and blessings to you.

Hippygal said...

Oh am going to pinch this and do it to.... :-)

kate said...

wow your kittens are bigger than i thought they would be theyre very cute margieanne

dadivastreet said...

Ohhh! The kitties are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them! Congrats on the gluten & the coffee! You've found that strength within! You can do it! Have a great weekend!