QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

AWOL - THANKS ANNE FOR WAKING ME UP

I simply over did things.

By Thursday I was struggling to get to work and had such awful shoulder pain I survived on pain-killers so Friday I tried to have a complete rest but had so many chores, especially shopping, it felt as though I was on the run all day without even going to the gym or walking on the beach. Sat & Sun I got into the bread and coffee, just trying to survive the days and do my 4 hours at work each day.

I did start to pull myself up yesterday by going coffee free and the same today. Tomorrow I will follow LFL again and count my carb grams. My sister is here for the rest of the week so I don't have to think about Mum. I can get myself back doing what is best for me.

Not pleased by this little glitch because it means that I am not as strong as I thought. I have missed going to the gym and going for beach walks but I know when my body is saying enough is enough. It was starting to hate me for bossing it around. The worst part is that it takes a huge effort of will to get going again. At least I've taken the first step ..... I've begun posting again.

10 comments:

Skinny Inside said...

Hi there;-) I think you are stronger than you think! You can do it, but it takes some time to find the line between under and overdoing it...and we're all different, you know?

{{{hugs}}}

Irish Mom said...

Hang in there, you can do it!! We all have times where we fall off the wagon, but we are all here to help pull you back on!!

Cammy said...

This is all a learning process, and sometimes the best way to learn is to do it the wrong way first. :) I'm glad you're still fighting the good fight!

dadivastreet said...

Sometimes you do have to slow it up & bit. I just recently learned that too! You may not be as strong as you thought, but you will be sooner than you think!

Lora said...

Glad you stopped by! New Zealand sounds like an incredible place to live! Gosh...if I tried to get back into my wedding dress it would certainly be a feat! It was a size 3! Gone are those days.....

Anne said...

As long as you pick yourself up again. You can do it:-)

betsy said...

I'm glad you're back...

I took a break and reevaluated things too...

way to listen to your body, and I hope it is easier to get back on track this time for you...

:-)

Manuela said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and please visit again!

It's such an amazing coincidence because just yesterday I was talking to my mother about places I would like to visit and New Zealand is in my top 10!

kate said...

hey margieanne so glad you are back posting again, sounds like you have had a rough trot for a couple of days. you will be back on track before you know it :) xo

Honi said...

sometimes giving the body a rest is a good thing.. even though it can be frustrating... all we gotta do is rest .. breath and start fresh.. lord knows I have been doing that the better part of 45 years :-)