QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, June 2, 2008

2ND DAY OF WINTER AND IT'S BETTER THAN YESTERDAY

TWJ walked with me today and I think I clocked up about 7000 steps. I must do a proper count again just to see that I'm not cheating.

















Seeing this group of boys should have made us shiver but it was so nice we were paddling in the water too.












Seagull riding the waves










A young heron & reflection













Not writing much tonight as I must get settled and go to sleep. If the good weather continues into tomorrow and Mum wakes up feeling strong enough we are taking her for a drive to see a Ragdoll Breeder and we'll stop-off to visit friends on the way home so she can spend and hour or so with her feet up properly. It will be a long day for Mum so I must make sure I'm in best form. Suddenly I too am craving a pet. I decided a while ago that our lifestyle isn't compatible with pets but I'd love to change my mind.

I haven't eaten all that well today. It's not bad stuff just that I didn't have breakfast when I got up and the morning kept going on, then we went for the walk before the tide came in too far again. It was 1.30 pm when I ate breakfast. So my main meals were a berry smoothie and a beef salad with dressing & a small apple. Only 2 snacks as well of cottage cheese & celery with about 8 rice crackers. That means my carbs for today are barely up to 50gm.

I should be in ketosis again tomorrow with the walk & low carb day. That will make 4 days in a row.

I want to update my weight etc. tomorrow for HYC but doubt if I'll get much time here.

4 comments:

Simplymoi said...

Your pictures are just beautiful! I hope to visit New Zealand some day..I love to travel (just don't have the means yet!)

I don't know what to do about people like that either. Usually I just ignore them, but I couldn't do it this time. My mind just goes blank when I am under attack like that. Later on, I could think of a million things to say back, but by then it's too late! Probably a good thing, but luckily they will be out of the school after this week is over.

--Tracy (No Holes barred)

Karen said...

Way to go, 7000 steps !! Good one!!

Lovely photos as well. :-)

My goal this week, is to post something everyday, about New Zealand. Is it okay to put a link to your blog?

kate said...

margieanne i think that a pet dog would love the walk along the beach as much as you do! hint hint lol.

beautiful photos, i had a chill when i saw those boys in the photo though. crazy! lol

dadivastreet said...

Great pix! I do envy your walks on the beach! Alright on those steps! Have a great week!