QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, May 4, 2008

VERY WET AND COLD

We are having a bit of nasty weather. Somehow I've kept out of most of it. It is really heavy rain but each time I've had to go out the rain has eased off. I'm on my way to bed pretty soon just to keep warm. We should have the heater on but somehow haven't thought about doing so.

I'm tired and can't think what I want to say so will try again tomorrow.

Oh ... except for one thing. Mum used to make a lovely chocolate sponge cake and as each birthday came around it became a bit of a tradition. The last couple of years or so the cakes stopped so I have been thinking I should be picking this up. I decided to make one for Mum's birthday but because I have to use her kitchen it meant involving her. This morning she had all the ingredients out and measured hours before I was ready. Finally I got out the big mixer and the sponges are made. I was surprised to see them rise up over the tins while cooking and very relieved to to find they met with Mum's approval. Trying to decide how we will celebrate her birthday because the weather is so foul there is no way we can go out to a restaurant. Probably afternoon tea and nice dinner at home. I think there will be 9 or 10 of us. To bed it is and I wish everyone a goodnight and a very good day.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Awwww!! How sweet of you to do that. Your mom was obviously excited to do it. :)

kate said...

staying home is always better than going out if the weather isnt very nice margie. i dont know how you new zealanders handle the cold lol. you are very thick skinned i think :) the cake sounds yum and im glad it turned out nicely :)