QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Saturday, May 17, 2008

MAD EATING BINGE & A MEME

I gave myself permission to eat off plan today but that wasn't supposed to mean a free for all.

I knew it would be difficult to eat my normal mainly protein meals today so took the simpler way. I've had at least 4 cappuccinos, all with sugar. I've eaten cake till the cows came home, or at least until my stomach rebelled. Until dinner I could have said the off plan idea was working alright but I had shopped for groceries for tea while under the influence of 'hunger.' We had an easy meal, venison sausages, oven cooked chips & mixed frozen vegies. 2 sausages were filling but I had to eat third. Felt overfull but didn't stop there as had bought cake which we had with our after dinner hot drinks. I began with a modest slice .... remember I have barely recovered from the day of hellish gut pain and I am already stuffed with food. A little later I had more cake then remembered the HUGE muffins I bought to snack on with my 'goodnight' drink. I didn't enjoy the muffin so why did I eat it. If TWJ doesn't take the other one to work tomorrow it goes in the freezer as does the packet of hot cakes. What was I thinking of. Sausages, fries, cake on top of all that coffee & sugar. No wonder I feel nauseous and can't sleep. I deserve to suffer.

On reflection ... this is not an unusual happening after going to River Day or Church. I have a good time with friends. We experience the Manifest Presence of God. We pray for one another, worship God, hear inspirational stories and good preaching, encourage one another and chat with one another. I always enjoy these times and feel refreshed. .... except in one area .... FOOD. I am always looking for extra food when I get home. Sometimes I manage to stay in control but more often I lose the plot. There is little difference between the days I take my own planned food and the days I go off plan. It is as though the stimulation of being in such good company triggers a whole lot of hungers which I then try to supress or satisfy with food. I'm not proud of this response. Maybe I can find ways to tippy-toe around it, in fact I must, otherwise my weight loss plans are doomed to failure. No way will I give up fellowship with other Christians yet my most successful weight loss period was last year when I was away from friends and home Church. I wish I understood me.


Enough with the serious stuff. I copied this from Chuby Chick, Journeying to lose 200 pounds.

I saw this Meme on another blog, and it looked kind of fun. And, since "girls just wanna have fun," I decided to play along. I hope you do, too! The only catch is that all of your answers must be one word. (And if you do decide to participate, please let me know so I can snoop. hehe)

1. Cellphone: somewhere
2. Relationship: faithful
3. My hair: pageboy
4. Work: homemaker
5. My sibling/siblings: younger
6. My favorite thing: laptop
7. My dream last night: ?none
8. Favorite drink: capuccino
9. Dream car: 1950sredMGSports
10. The room I’m in : bedroom
11. My shoes: enough
12. My fears: spiders
13. What do I want to be in 10 years: healthy
14. Who did I hang out with this weekend: family
15. What I am not good at: stealing
16. Muffin: fruit
17. One of my wish list items: Go-to-Toronto-Arport-Christian-Fellowship
18. Where I grew up: Rangiotu
19. Last thing I did: log-on
20. Wearing: nightdress
21. Not wearing: undies
22. My pets: none
23. My computer: Compaq
24. My life: erratic
25. My mood: content
26. Missing: sleep
27. What I am thinking about right now: sleep
28. My car: Honda
29. My kitchen: delights
30. My weather: mild
31. Favorite color: purple
32. Last time I laughed: today
33. Last time I cried: today
34. School: various
35. Love: Jesus



Hope that didn't bore you too much.

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Hi, Margieanne. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you accidentally left the following comment for Cammy on my blog. I just wanted to let you know so you could submit it to her blog if you haven't already done so. Here's the comment:

"Hi Cammy, first, thanks for your lovely comments a few days ago on my Blog.
second, Have just finished reading yours from the beginning and love your pics, the funny & the beautiful.
third, It's 2.30 am & I am wide awake, so catching up with favourite blogs, lying in bed with laptop. Eventually I will get too sleepy to read.
fourth, Unlike you I am not a touch typist and the screen does not give enough light to see the keys, no light, don't want to disturb TWJ. Means lots of careful editing. LOL

Most Important..... You are one special lady. Please keep up this Blog.

I have noticed, Cammy, that when you blog regularly you are most likely to be on the weight loss train.

I struggle to blog when I'm eating badly, not exercising or losing weight .... nothing to boast about at those times.

Please keep writing ... it helps you and me. .... no pressure of course.

Blessings"

What a nice comment you left for her! And I enjoyed reading your answers to the meme. Thanks for playing along!

Take care,
Chubby Chick :)

MargieAnne said...

Thanks for comments and sending me back my message. Wrong name. Right person. *giggle* Sometimes I'm a real ditzy woman.

Except that it was Cammy not you, until today, who left me a comment. That's what happens at 2.30 am +

second, Have just finished reading your Blog from the beginning and love your pics, the funny & the beautiful.

third, It's 2.30 am & I am wide awake, so catching up with favourite blogs, lying in bed with laptop. Eventually I will get too sleepy to read.

fourth, Unlike you I am not a touch typist and the screen does not give enough light to see the keys, no light, don't want to disturb TWJ. Means lots of careful editing. LOL

Most Important..... You are one special lady. Please keep up this Blog.

I have noticed that when you blog regularly you are most likely to be on the weight loss train.

I struggle to blog when I'm eating badly, not exercising or losing weight .... nothing to boast about at those times.

Please keep writing ... it helps you and me. .... no pressure of course.

Have a wonderful day.

dadivastreet said...

Not a boring Blog at all! And I could Kill for some venison sausage! Off plan once in a while is sometimes a good thing, but make sure you get right back on board! Maybe you can save the off plan days for those fellowship days w/food! Welcome to the Healthy Challenge Walkers!

kate said...

haha i love the answer to number 17 margie. good use of words!

sounds like your day off wasnt that great after all. isnt it funny how the foods we enjoy we actually feel really gross after eating them?

hope today was a big detox for you. hope it isnt too cold over there yet. it is freezing here in nsw.

Cammy said...

And here I was feeling all warm and fuzzy! LOL I would love to be all hurt and bothered now, but I agree with you completely: Chubby Chick ROCKS. Plus, I've also noticed she stays on plan when she blogs steadily. :)

Now on to *your* post: I suspect if we understood ourselves, most of us wouldn't be in this predicament. :) VERY interesting observation of the tie-in between your church days and overeating. I wish you much success in trying to overcome it!

Have a great week!

Anne said...

Thanks for your lovely comment last week:-)

Didn't find your list boring at all!