QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

GOALS AND SERIOUSLY WEIRD THOUGHTS

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm beginning to feel better so should be out walking tomorrow.

Today is Prep Day 1. of LFL. So I have been reading my work-book and getting my head into the right space.

My goal is to be under 85 kg, (187 lb) on Friday, July 4th.

I've been thinking about one of the reasons I mess about .... This one is going to sound very weird....

.... It is very easy for me to lose weight. It comes off at a good rate as long as I eat according to a healthy weight loss plan and do sensible amounts of exercise. That's all I have to do and I know that very well. I don't struggle for every gram I lose, the fat just goes if I live right.

Because I lose weight successfully there is always this thought going on in the background ...... "It doesn't matter if I eat this today because I know that all I have to do is get back on my program and I will be losing weight again."

That sounds stupid even to me. No wonder I am always losing the same old kilograms.

There is another thing going on in my head. Right now I feel fairly comfortable in my body. I have very few clothes that are too tight, most things are comfortable or loose. I look OK. Not slim but not too gross as long as I'm covered in nice clothes. I still have some stylish clothes which look good and I get compliments on how I look. I can walk, I can bend and cross my legs, I can enjoy going to the gym .... There is very little I want to do that I cannot do. OK I would have trouble walking to Cathedral Cove over 3 steep hills and lots of steps right now but that's only fitness.

This attitude spells Danger, Danger, DANGER!

I really, really want to wear my wedding dress again as a sign I can get my weight to normal range again.

It seems as though the only true motivator I now have is health & fitness and the personal satisfaction of doing something special.

Maybe this is part of growing older .... I'm not going to look like Cindy Crawford or any other model. Our marriage is comfortable so I don't have the sexual attraction thing going on either. It's not as important as it once was.

The only person I am doing this for is myself. The only reason I have is to improve my health and hopefully longevity ..... enjoyment of life.

To do this I have to believe I am worth the effort. That's an interesting thought. Right back to basics.

Tomorrow I am going to work on my list of reasons to do Lean For Life.

To see Cathedral Cove go to http://whitianga.co.nz/hahei.html

6 comments:

dadivastreet said...

Glad you're feeling better. Health,fitness &personal satisfaction are really great motivators! The best reason is to do it for YOU and yes YOU are worth the effort! You will get into that wedding dress!

Girl with a Problem said...

I can really relate to how being comfortable can keep you from losing weight. So many times I have lost just a little and then I'm happier and I stop.

I am determined to get past this attitude for good. I am 44 years old. 2 of my grandmothers lived to be 99, and one is 80+ now. They made it that far overweight, with high blood pressure, and either hypoglycemia or diabetes. I am planning on beating them and making it to 100, but I'd like to do it in a body that gets around a lot better than theirs did/do.

To achieve that, I need to get all of my excess weight off and maintain a level of activity and fitness that will help me (along with proper diet and some good luck) avoid the health problems they have.

Like you, I am doing this for myself. If anyone else gets some enjoyment out of it along the way, more power to 'em.

NZ looks like a beautiful place. I'd love to visit there some day.

Good luck to you. I have a feeling you will be back in that dress in no time.

Cammy said...

Actually, have you seen pictures of Cindy Crawford lately? She's as beautiful as ever, even with the aftereffects of having two equally beautiful children, but she's got pudge and excess skin. Her body looks...womanly. Natural.

Oh, and trust me, you are worth the effort! I'll be watching so I can see you meet your goal!

Linda said...

I just had to pop by straight away to thankyou for your very kind comment.
I am SO pleased that you like my blog.

I will also have a good ole root through your blog too and I will add it to my daily reads.

Just quickly, what you say about,

"It doesn't matter if I eat this today because I know that all I have to do is get back on my program and I will be losing weight again."

.....it does not sound stupid because I can relate to what you are saying.
I have lost weight a few times over the years but put it all back on and some, but for the last so many years I have been playing around with weight loss and the same old lbs' BUT!! BUT!! If it wasn't for WWers and playing around with the same old pounts then I have to say, I would be MASSIVE by now so in a way WWers has helped me sorta maintain but I have just got to get myself into gear and reach goal weight and STAY THERE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

Hugs to you xx

Honi said...

why not try Weight Watchers.. Lean for Life seems very strict.. and limiting.. but that is just my opinion.. I think that getting healthy for ourselves a is very good reason to drop weight.. sometimes its okay to be selfish.. by the way thanks for your comment on my blog too.. I appreciate it !

MargieAnne said...

Thanks for all your comments.
Yep! I would be massive if I hadn't pulled myself up from time to time but that is not enough if I want to live long and well. No point in being 80+ and unable to move comfortably.

Honi, I've put my reasons for choosing Lean For Life in today's Blog