QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, May 9, 2008

COUNTING DOWN TO MAY 23RD

Getting into the groove so that when May 23rd comes around I will be prepared to meet the challenge of following LFL properly. I have really tried to stay on program today and it wasn't easy. There were times when I was definitely hungry but somehow I avoided major temptation. Today was a mainly protein day so serving the family tea, - sausages, creamy mashed potatoes & carrot with mixed green beans, broccolli & snap peas, - was a big challenge when all I had was a tin of tuna, which incidentally, I enjoyed. I did allow myself a small treat ... well 2 I suppose because I had a pot of fruity yoghurt & tonight a mug of chocolate .... low carb because it has artificial sweetener, something I mostly avoid. Anyone got a recipe for hot chocolate that's low carb but no artificial sweetener?

I got into trouble with TWJ today. He complained that I wasn't keeping in touch with what is going on around me. He was right but I wasn't going to admit that. Part of the 'problem' is the amount of time I have spent reading blogs. I'm learning to use Google Reader and how to subscribe to the Blogs I want to keep in touch with. It's a bit of a mission but I think I'm getting the hang of it. One thing I want to do is reciprocate with those of you who are leaving comments. It is so much more interesting if I know who you are. This is a whole new world for me. But I'm gradually getting it sorted out.

I still found time to go for a short walk on the beach and treat myself to a pedicure. This should have been my 'under 89kg' reward but I forgot I was saving this pamper day till then and made an appointment. I'm sporting sparkly wine red toenails. When I put my feet beside Jay's we realised we had chosen the same colour. I must have passed on my good taste. *grin*

It's nearly midnight and I have my laptop in bed. I really should start to settle down as we have a full-on day tomorrow and I am going to the gym before 9am. I hope it is not full of bright young things. If so I will just have to put my head down and get on with it because Sat. morning suits our schedule. I have to ignore my self consciousness and get used to working out alongside the young & beautiful. I was really pleased with how I handled yesterday's session and look forward to being able to increase some things within a week or two.

2 comments:

Hippygal said...

Yes you do just have to put your head down and get on with it - when I am at the gym, I don't think I could even tell you was there I am so focused on my workout.... Hope your weather is as gorgeous up there as down here stunning today :-)

kate said...

you are young and beautiful margie anne :) the young-ER people there probably look up to you when u are there working out besides them.

yay for the sparkly polish on your toes. i bet you felt all fuzzy inside after hvaing the pedicure :)