QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, April 13, 2008

QUILTING AND OTHER THINGS

I've sewn the eighteen squares for my stack & slash quilt and laid them out on the floor. I really don't like it. It is so not right. I used fabrics I had hoping I could pull them together and they don't go well at all. I'll take it to our meeting Tuesday night and hopefully the talented ones will help me make the most of it. To get it looking remotely OK I will have to choose the borders carefully. Nevermind, I have learnt an easy way to do patchwork and can see how important complimentary colours are.

Today has been a lot more successful for food & exercise. We went for a walk together this morning. This is unusual because TWJ likes a short walk when he gets the paper and doesn't go much on my rambling ones. Today we went down to the beach in spite of it being cool and threatening rain. We walked into the wind and got a bit wet from a cold, sharp shower. But I walked further than the last one and it felt so good. I have stayed low carbohydrate but I'm being a little bit naughty now and eating Camembert cheese.

I feel really tired so will go to bed very soon. Tomorrow I have my introduction to cleaning at the Aged Care Hospital. I know I'm going to regret my enthusiasm to earn extra cash.

I have made up tickers for my SFL signature and wanted to put it on the sidebar here but can't work out how to do it.







3 comments:

Honi said...

thank you so much for commenting on my blog... on Israel.. The next great adventure...did you find it through my healthy honi blog... regardless.. that was so sweet of you to respond like that and you are right.. I am not the same... it was wonderful.. and I am hoping we can go back again soon.

Ready Maid said...

Well, first of all, welcome to HYC. Looks like you've got plenty going on in your life..quilting, saving, traveling, working out!

I hope you'll find, as I have, this blogging circle full of wonderfully supportive friends.

Have a great week!

kate said...

hey margie anne are you still hand sewing your quilt? im sure that it will come together nicely when its done. sometimes these things are trial and error :)