QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MY LEGS, MY LEGS, HOW THEY HURT

I want to show you where we were twelve months ago. It was really wonderful and it was miserably cold. The place is Hayes Engineering Works run by the Historical Places Trust. We were curators there for April last year. Snow in April is a little unusual even for the Oturehua, Ida Valley in Central Otago. We got a lot of visitors off the Otago Rail Trail, which was about 300m away. The Rail Trail is a superb cycle track on the original railway. We were surprised how many continued on their cycle trek in the snow, some even took a break to look in on the Engineering Works. Incidentally these are colour photos but it was very white and poor light


Right now I think I am about the maddest person in the universe. I worked 9.30 to 2pm with a half hour break, vaccuuming & cleaning. I had a little more than an hour to put my feet up, have a proper lunch and change for the SuperMarket job. I am only doing these mad hours temporarily while I learn the job, so not a normal Wednesday. I am no where near fit enough to do this. The good thing is that if I can push through this beginning stage I will be naturally getting fitter. It's now 9 pm my legs want to die. I've had some dinner and will go to bed very soon because they want me back at Aged Care by 8.30am tomorrow. Tomorrow should be a full day but I'm going to have to beg off as we also have the 4 - 8 pm in the SuperMarket. Thank goodness Friday is a complete day off.

I have the 4x4 squares sewn together and the quilt is the last thing I want to think about right now. Maybe I will look at it on Monday to see what I can prepare before Tuesday's meeting.

Time I got organised for bed.

Food & exercise OK today. Plenty of incidental exercise just doing the jobs.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sounds as if you are working very hard - try not to overdo it:-)