QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, April 17, 2008

COMMON SENSE PREVAILED

I was really enjoying working at Aged Care but the work was too much for me. After assessment with the Manger and Head Cleaner I decided to call it a day. Because I like it there I have asked to be on call and to be considered if a more suitable position arises. I hope they remember me.

That has taken a lot of pressure off. It is fun to go to work with TWJ even if we are in different departments and some of our weekend hours are different. I think that as we become established there our hours could be re-arranged. I certainly enjoy the work, don't find it as hard and have fun with customers as appropriate. It is also nice to see familiar faces as friends come in to do their shopping. It is about as stress free as any job is likely to be. I'm not even thinking about what it will be like at holiday times. The thing is you can only go so fast and still pack things reasonably well. Sunday I am being given some till training.

My legs are not so bad tonight, it was definitely the cleaning job that wiped me out. My right ankle is still aching so into the panadol again, and some blisters from new shoes but that will all heal and harden up with sensible hours and some rest.

Hoping for a nice day tomorrow as I have lots of planting to do for Mum and go for a walk on the beach.

No comments: